The Town Hall was rebuilt after a fire in 1604. It was done in a rich Renaissance style with ornamental work and sculptures including Late-Gothic and Renaissance elements. The landing with the stairs was installed in 1717-18.
Art Deco meets traditional Dutch style
In 1925 the council chambers were increased to the full width of the building and once again decorated in a mix of styles: Art Deco was combined with a historicising traditional Dutch style. The town hall is currently used only for weddings, meetings and representative purposes.